14.4.13

Bye Bye Blonde: Hello Red (Almost Pink...)



What the title says.

You all know very well that I have been languishing over what colour I should dye my hair next. (Example 1 & Example 2 of my languishing.)

Between the red ombre and the blonde ombre, I chose the red!  Unfortunately, I got impatient (and poor), and could not wait to have it done at the salon.  So I dyed it myself. (Using Beyond the Zone's Color Jamz in Wild Red.)

Friends. I am not a professional hairdresser or colorist or cosmetician.  Just so you know. (And perhaps judge me a little less harshly. Haha.)

And now.... PICS! (Featuring both flattering, and unflattering angles!)


(Natural hair.  Also? Was still getting rid of stains on my skin.)



I am not fond of the pinkish hue, myself (wanted a more brick red), but I am really only waiting for the colour it fades to after several washes.




Okay! So there ya go!  I actually sort of documented how I got to this hair colour, And will eventually post about bleaching/lifting my previous blonde and dying it this colour. . .

*
Um. Um. So... NOW I CAN FINALLY GET BACK TO RECORDING REVIEWS FOR LENSES AND LASHES AND MAKEUP. :D  YEAH!
--- ---


COMING SOON. . .


18 comments:

  1. It came out a pretty color even though it wasn't quite what ya wanted! I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! C: Haha.

      (As more folks say *they* like it, IRL and otherwise, I find it harder to dislike the col our myself. Ahaha.)

      Delete
  2. It's so vivid! I like! But too bad it wasn't as red as you wanted :/ Hopefully you can achieve it though. And I was just thinking your red eyes look awesome with this color hair :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha- merci! Yeah, I'm sure I'll get the right hue eventually~.

      ....and yeah-- gotta' love matching lenses to hair! ;P

      Delete
  3. Wow I love this color! I had a deep bright pink/red myself some months and I absolutely loved it. Only downside was that it faded sooo fast and didn't look that pretty anymore after 2-3 weeks ._." But I think it suits you so much pretty girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ah, I remember your bright red! It was so vibrant and gorgeous~. <3

      (Kinda hope mine fades quickly.... and to a nice colour.)

      Delete
  4. I actually think the pinkish hue is really neat! I think it gives a little more dimension to the red colour or else it turns out a little to orange at times (from my past experience, red dye always ends up turning coppery on me). Love the matching lenses as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm- good point, good point. Didn't think about the added dimension the pink brings. o:

      Hrm... coppery really doesn't look so great on me. Maybe I'll stick to the pink-reds, thanks to your advice...

      Delete
  5. Oh sweetie your new color hair is really cute.
    Now I´m following you in GFC I hope your follow me back.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so cute on you! <3
    You can get rid of dye stains with rubbing alcohol :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! Coming from such an amazing artist-- and one who always has such amazing hair colour(s)-- that's pretty flattering. <33

      And yeeaahh. Wished posted this sooner: I walked around for, like 3 days with hot pink fingertips, and a tinted pink neck. Haha.

      ... after your wig review, though, I'm jonesin' for some purple hair...

      Delete
  7. Hello, apparently you were one of the followers on my old blog on Blogger and I just wanted to update you that it has now moved to Wordpress at this URL http://momosmoment.com/ Hope to see you there ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes!!! Totally my favourite, I love it way more than the blond (okay but I do have a thing for red heads...) Such a gorgeous fushcia.. or whatever red you want to call it.

    GOOD CALL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love red on you! You look gorgeous! And I love that I can depend on your blog for detailed circle lens reviews. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. red is your color ^_^

    ReplyDelete